|Microsoft® Visual Studio® 2005 Professional Edition is a complete environment for individual developers building Microsoft Windows®, Web, or mobile solutions.
Build high-performance solutions faster than ever.
- Easily create and deploy client applications. Automatically publish and maintain applications and their dependencies with integrated ClickOnce support.
- Build fast, interactive Web applications. Take advantage of more than 50 new controls and hundreds of built-in services for site security, personalization, look and feel, and more.
- Develop faster with enhanced visual designers and editors. Streamline development of all tiers of your application and improve XML editing and XSLT debugging with intuitive visual designers.
- Create dynamic, data-enabled applications. Quickly create data-driven applications using an integrated data access, design, and reporting environment.
- Take advantage of a powerful, enterprise-class application platform.
- Tackle any development task. Create robust applications using the Microsoft® .NET Framework 2.0, the .NET Compact Framework 2.0, and native code-all supported by Microsoft Visual Studio® 2005.
- Target high-performance computing architectures. Easily develop for 64-bit systems using a 64-bit version of the .NET Framework.
Microsoft® Visual Studio® 2005 Professional Edition Includes:
- Microsoft Visual Basic®, Microsoft Visual C#®, Microsoft Visual C++®, and Microsoft Visual J#® programming languages
- Tools for building Windows® and Web solutions
- SmartPhone and Pocket PC development tools for building Windows CE-based applications
- Visual Database Tools
- XSD and XSLT editing and debugging
- Advanced debugging tools, including cross-machine debugging
- Visual Basic and Visual C# development of stored procedures, functions, and triggers when combined with SQL ServerTM 2005
- Tools for building server-based solutions
MSDN Premium Subscription
An MSDN Premium Subscription provides continuous, priority access to the development tools and technologies you need to build a broad range of applications and Web services. Premium Subscriptions are offered for the following five products:
Visual Studio 2005 Team Suite
Visual Studio 2005 Team Edition for Software Architects
Visual Studio 2005 Team Edition for Software Developers
Visual Studio 2005 Team Edition for Software Testers
Visual Studio 2005 Professional Edition
What You Get
Includes the benefits of Professional, Operating Systems, and Library Subscriptions.
Continuous access to new software and technical resources. During the term of your subscription, you are entitled to upgrades to your subscription software and to select new releases and product betas, in addition to resources such as software and hardware development kits and service packs.
Latest Microsoft operating systems includes the latest versions of Windows Server 2003, Windows 2000 Server, Windows 2000 Professional, Windows 2000 Advanced Server, Windows XP Professional Edition, Windows XP Home Edition, and future Windows releases. Usage rights are limited to development and testing only.
Broad range of the latest Microsoft Windows Server System products includes the latest versions of SQL Server 2000, Exchange Server 2003, BizTalk Server 2004, Commerce Server 2002, Host Integration Server 2000, Application Center 2000, Internet Security and Acceleration Server 2004, SharePoint Portal Server 2003, and Content Management Server 2002. Usage rights are limited to development and testing only.
Latest Microsoft productivity applications includes Microsoft Visio 2003, Microsoft Project 2003, Office Professional Enterprise Edition 2003, Infopath 2003, OneNote 2003, Visio Professional 2003, Project 2003, and MapPoint 2004. Usage rights are limited to business use directly related to development and testing only. In addition to development and testing use rights, one copy of Office Professional Enterprise Edition 2003 can be used by a single MSDN licensed user for general business use.
Technical support includes unlimited usage of MSDN Managed Newsgroups for online support with a guaranteed response time of two business days, phone-based support incidents, and free access to MSDN Online Concierge for non-technical questions regarding navigation of the MSDN site, Knowledge Base article searches, and MSDN Subscriber Downloads.
Continuously updated technical content is available through the MSDN Library, which offers comprehensive programming information, code samples, sample applications, technical documentation and articles, and the Microsoft Developer Knowledge Base.